BC Biomedical Laboratories performs urine drug screening for both medical and medical-legal purposes. All urine drug screens are collected under strictly controlled conditions. For medical-legal drug screens (i.e. not for medical reasons or as part of a treatment program), BC Biomedical adheres to strict documentation procedures to ensure that the results will be valid for legal purposes.
Please note: All drug screens require a physician's order.
Medical-Legal Drug Screens include the following:
- School suspension
- Driver's medical
Our quality drug screening provides:
- Strict collection criteria and procedures
- Chain of Custody documentation
- Screening and automatic confirmation of positive results by GCMS
- Results within 24-48 hours of receipt at testing facility, excluding weekends and STAT holidays
Useful information for drug screen patients:
- Obtain requisition from physician for "urine drug screen for personal reasons"
- Bring photo ID to the collection site
- Bring payment to collection site ($65.00 is payable at the time of collection)
- Request a copy of results at time of collection, if required
- Collections only performed Monday to Friday between 9:00 am and 1 hour before closing. Please see our Location Finder for our current hours.
- Appointments are not required.
Drug Screen FAQ
How do I arrange for a urine drug screen?
I am having a urine drug screen. What information do I need?
To find out more:
Contact Specialty Services for information on Drug Screening, Clinical Trials, Occupational Health, Test Kits, Immigration Testing, Genetic/DNA Collections
- Fax: 604-507-5212
- Email Specialty Services